MBMC a novel taxonomy-dependent and alignment-free metagenomic reads binning approach in metagenomic studies. Different from all existing methods, MBMC bins reads by measuring the similarity of reads to the learned 9-th order Markov models for different taxa, instead of directly comparing reads with known genomic sequences.
DownloadDownload the Software and manual.
InputsThere are only three parameters for MBMC.
Reads files (Required): paired-end or single-end reads in FASTA format
Paired-end reads should be in following format:
Cutoff c (Optional): the cutoff to determine the number of species, by default c=0.05.
This cutoff means that the binned group of reads which account for more than c of total reads will be regarded as a predicted species.
Read type: 0 or 1 (Optional), by default Read type=0;
0: denotes paired-end reads;
1: denotes single-end reads;
OutputsMBMC provided us the detailed running process and binned reads.
- MBMC running process, which are shown in the output window.
- MBMC binned read files: input reads are binned into separate files in FASTA format, which can be found in the folder "ReadsFileName_binned".
For any questions, please contact us with emails:
- Ying Wang: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haiyan Hu: email@example.com
- Xiaoman Li: firstname.lastname@example.org