Metagenomics produces a taxonomical profile of the sample, metatranscriptomics helps us to obtain a functional profile. rRNAFilter is a novel taxonomy-independent approach which can accurately and rapidly filter rRNA sequences from metatranscirptomes without the aid of reference rRNA databases. It not only has comparable accuracy with current similarity-based methods, but also much faster than these methods.
| rRNAFilter V1.1
InputsWe just need to input reads in fasta format from metatranscirptomes to run rRNAFilter:
There are two modes to run rRNAFilter:
- rRNAFilter_m1：filter rRNA reads confidently, and leave a small number of reads unfiltered.
- rRNAFilter_m2：filter all rRNA reads (default option)
OutputsrRNAFilter filter rRNA reads from metatranscriptomic data. It will output two files which contain rRNA reads and non-rRNA reads separately. See manual for the details of how to use rRNAFilter.
For any questions, please contact us with emails:
- Ying Wang: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haiyan Hu: email@example.com
- Xiaoman Li: firstname.lastname@example.org